Jim Cramer Said These 2 Stocks Were Sold Because Of A Rotation – But Is He Right?
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Jim Cramer Said These 2 Stocks Were Sold Because Of A Rotation But Is He Right? Ramish Cheema Fri, September 18, 2026 at 4:15 PM PDT 4 min read TMO CAH BDX Life sciences solutions and products provider Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO )'s shares have done well in September and are up by more than 8% since the 10th. On the 15th, Cramer discussed the strength in the shares in a conversation with his co-host David Faber amidst the turmoil in the AI sector on the back of worries about a slowdown: "David, I think your conference is really important. Here's why. I had Marc Fisher, the CEO of Thermo on, not that long ago. . .I'm sorry Marc Casper, I'll tell you what bothered me, David. We're sitting there talking about how strong business is. And Marc Casper's really a titan in this. And no one was listening to him, no one. Not unlike when we had Beckton Dickinson on, no one was listening, and Cardinal Health, no one was listening. When I spoke to them behind the scene, what's changed David? For making it so that everybody's saying the same thing that they said three months ago and now we're listening? "I think that what's happened is this that, when I speak to the executives off camera, when I do that, every time, I think they just felt that the rotation into all that stuff that yesterday people fled is so strong that the only place that they could really go to sell things, would be at, you would sell a Medtronic, you would sell a Thermo, you would sell out a Danaher." Jim Cramer on Seanergy Maritime (SHIP): I'd Be a Buyer In line with what Cramer said, while Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE:TMO)'s shares have performed well recently, they were down by 25% from the start of the year until mid-May. However, while Cramer attributed the share performance to the need for investors to fund their AI investments, the broader debate for the firm is also in the context of the funding recovery in the biotechnology sector. For instance, at the Morgan Stanley healthcare conference on the 15th, Casper outlined that even "though funding wasn't super strong, it was improving. But the confidence from our customers in the emerging biotech companies really was picking up. You saw funding start to improve as 2025 progressed. Has stepped up even further in 2026." This funding is crucial for Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE:TMO) since it kicks off investigations and drug research that eventually require the firm's products. Early signs of the recovery were also present in the firm's second quarter report, which saw it post 5% organic growth, which was the fastest since 2021. The organic growth, along with a 13% earnings growth in Q2, coupled with the funding recovery, were also part of UBS's September coverage of Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE:TMO), where the bank bumped the rating to Buy from Neutral and raised the share price target to...
Portable Car Air Compressor 3X Faster 150PSI Cordless Tire Inflator Pump with Digital Gauge for Car Motorcycle Bike Air Pump
Special Price
✨ Special deal alert! Don't miss this amazing product with top-rated reviews worldwide.
Affiliate link — Commission earned at no extra cost to you
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment